5 No-Fail Sports Topics For Academic Research Papers
The subject of sports makes for an ideal paper when it comes to academic writing. Although selecting a topic can be difficult in the first instance, once you have selected your topic, you should find the that you are able to write the paper easily.
Drugs and Steroid Use Within Sports
The use of drugs and steroids can give you a lot of information to write about, whether it is the general everyday use or the use of drugs or famous athletes that have used them.
- Writers can discuss the negative effects drug have in the sporting world.
- Long-term ramifications and health problems can also be discussed.
- The effects of long-term use along with the disadvantages can be another discussion point.
How Media Affects Sports
The media are well suited to many sports, whereas others do not seem to garner the same attention. Topics can include how different sports attract different age ranges and sexes.
- Writers can discuss how athletes are portrayed as potential role models for today’s youth.
- Why are some sports more worthy of being televised than others?
- How the advertising industry performs during sporting events.
Another topic that opens a number of avenues when it comes to writing research papers is sports injuries. The paper could cover many aspects of injuries, including aftercare and prevention.
- Famous athletes can be cited who have had particularly damaging injuries.
- How certain injuries are specific to particular sports.
- The writer may have had a personal experience in sports where they fell victim to an injury.
Sports and Employment
Employment in sports can provide more inspiration for academic research papers. Many viewpoints and discussion points can be looked at.
- What options are available for successful athletes in sports?
- What are the options for athletes who may not hold the same celebrity status as others?
- The writer will be able to research high school athletes and look at sports scholarships.
The History of Sports
History and sports can go in hand in hand when it comes to writing a research paper. Whether you are looking at the history of sport itself or famous sporting events, you can be sure that there is more than enough information to produce some fantastic work.
- Writers could look at females entering a male-dominated sport and how this changed the way athletes were viewed.
- A writer can also research famous sporting events and discuss why they are memorable.
Choosing Intriguing Argumentative Essay Topics On Sports: Top 20 Ideas
Students who play sports write academic papers, too and teachers often ask students to write argumentative papers related to sports. Unfortunately, not every student can come up with a good topic for an argumentative essay on their own. For this reason, this article contains a list of twenty decent sports topics that might help you write your academic paper.
- Football is too dangerous for players.
- Baseball isn’t as interesting nowadays as it was in the past.
- Parents shouldn’t let their children play football.
- College football players should get paid.
- Using Native American mascots and names by sports teams is offensive.
- Where is the line in selling naming rights for sports teams?
- Colleges should support wellness programs more than sports.
- Cheerleading should be considered a sport, too.
- Gay athletes attract more attention from fans and media.
- Rules that determine how coaches should treat the players aren’t strict enough.
- Athletes who use steroids should forfeit all of their trophies.
- Sports betting should be legal for everyone, everywhere.
- Students who are home-schooled should also be able to play school sports in public.
- Most of the money that athletes earn goes to their sponsors and elite owners.
- Video games can be considered sports.
- Boxing and other violent sports should be banned.
- It’s unnatural for women to do power lifting.
- Alcohol and tobacco ads shouldn’t be shown during sports events.
- There is no advantage in moving first when it comes to chess.
- Sports that involve animals shouldn’t be legal.
You should also remember that it’s not enough just to have a good topic in order to compose a great essay. It’s necessary to do research and outline your paper properly, too. Here is what your argumentative paper should look like:
Here you should describe your sports-related topic and state the thesis statement that will present your position and arguments.
In this part of your essay, you should demonstrate your arguments in detail and support them. Use each new paragraph to present a new argument. Look for real facts and statistics rather than vague theories to support your arguments properly.
At the end of your paper, it’s necessary to give a summary of your main arguments and restate your thesis statement to indicate the importance of your work. Make sure that you don’t raise any new arguments in the conclusion.
Need help with essay? Try this service: VivaEssays.com - expert essay writers for hire online. Looking for good paper writer? Visit this paper writing service: http://paperwritten.com/ - professional term paper writers.