From the 14th-century king consorts of Navarre to the modern European prince consorts of the 20th century, the male consort has been a peculiar yet recurrent historical figure. In this impressively broad collection, leading historians of monarchy analyze how male partners of female rulers have negotiated their unique roles throughout history.
20. Jahrhundert 20th century England Europe history kingdom monarchy Russia
Editors and affiliations
- Charles Beem
- Miles Taylor
- 1.University of North CarolinaPembrokeUSA
- 2.Institute of Historical ResearchUniversity of LondonUK
- Copyright InformationPalgrave Macmillan, a division of Nature America Inc. 2014
- Publisher NamePalgrave Macmillan, New York
- eBook PackagesPalgrave History Collection
- Print ISBN978-1-349-49642-6
- Online ISBN978-1-137-44835-4
- About this book
The Mensa Education & Research Foundation and Mensa members are proud of their history of providing scholarships to selected essay winners.
2016 Scholarship Winners
More than 11,000 students competed for 190 scholarship awards at the local, regional, national, and international level with a value of more than $91,000. The 94 American Mensa Local Groups who participated and completed the scholarship judging have a $300 Karen Cooper or Diana Mossip Memorial Scholarship awarded on their behalf to a student with the funding provided by the Mensa Foundation.
Carol Martinez Scholarship ($1,000.00)
| Shiloh Curtis, Sunnyvale, CA|
Mensa Member Scholarship ($1,000.00)
| Albert Appouh, Maplewood, NJ|
Chelsea Lynch, Tallahassee, FL
Katherine Koebel, Lake Zurich, IL
Tejal Gala, Santa Ana, CA