Career Counselor Cover Letter
Career Counselors suggest career paths to their clients based on aptitudes, studies, and interests. They often work in schools and colleges and are responsible for evaluating student abilities. Other Career Counselor duties include conducting interviews, examining client records, administering tests to evaluate aptitudes, maintaining information about schools, monitoring the labor market, advising clients on job applications, referring students to various services, collaborating with teachers, teaching effective study habits, and delivering group counseling.
Based on our selection of cover letter samples for Career Counselor, essential job skills are the following:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of job market trends
- Being able to identify aptitudes in their clients
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Attention to details and observation spirit
- Compassion and a caring personality
- Recordkeeping and computer competences
The example cover letter provided below emphasizes similar Career Counselor skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Career Counselor Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Hamilton:
Upon learning of your search for a Career Counselor, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a highly educated and accomplished career advisor with dynamic experience assessing individual objectives and recommending appropriate steps to help clients attain their professional goals, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to you in this position.
My background includes more than 11 years of consulting with cross-functional professionals in diverse positions and careers, with demonstrated expertise in assessing / identifying strengths, weaknesses, and relational competencies. Furthermore, my concurrent experience as a Certified Professional Resume Writer enables me to advise clients on how to improve their resumes and enhance their performances in interviews. Coupled with strong inner motivation and superior organization and interpersonal talents, I am well prepared to excel in this position.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Keenly evaluating client objectives, uncovering potential areas of career interest, identifying education and training needs, and serving as a key resource and chief point of contact to coordinate the resources and tools required to meet client goals.
- Leading career development programs and presentations to participants ranging from new college graduates, to recently laid-off corporate workers, to military personnel looking to transition into the civilian sector.
- Conducting mock interviews, discussing negotiation techniques, and equipping clients with valuable networking strategies while continually keeping abreast of job market and hiring trends.
- Providing career counseling and insight regarding job search strategies and resume / cover letter development and enhancement.
- Earning formal credential as a Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF); maintaining active involvement as a member of the National Career Development Association (NCDA).
- Possessing superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as exceptional relationship management, collaborative leadership, and problem-solving talents.
With my strong background and my demonstrated commitment to achieving client career goals, I am sure to be a strong contributor to your career consulting team. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Sherry J. Ray
Admissions Counselor Cover Letter and Resume Examples
Here's an example of a cover letter for an admissions counselor position. Also, see below for a resume for the same position.
Admissions Counselor Cover Letter Example
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. LastName,
I would like to express my strong interest in the admissions counselor position at ABC University’s School of Business, as listed on highereducationjobs.com. I am confident that my experience as an admissions counselor and my abilities as a project manager make me an ideal candidate for the position.
I have been working in admissions for the past five years and am therefore extremely confident in my ability to meet your requirements. As an admissions counselor for XYZ College, I recruit, process, and evaluate over 8,500 applicants each year. By thoroughly analyzing candidates and conducting dozens of informational sessions and seminars, I successfully contributed to the rise in student retention by over 15% this past year. I am also particularly familiar with MBA admissions and recruiting, having worked as a graduate assistant in the Greenfield University Business School. I am thus a skilled admissions counselor who is familiar with your particular needs.
I also have the project management experience that you request in your job application. For example, I am currently responsible for organizing and overseeing XYZ College’s annual Welcome Accepted Candidates Day. This job involves selecting and managing caterers, event spaces, professors, and student volunteers.
I have successfully run this event for the past two years, and therefore know I have the attention to detail and commitment to quality that you require in an admissions counselor.
I am confident that my years of experience in admissions (particularly business school admissions) and my skill as a project manager would make me an asset to your fine admissions team at ABC University’s School of Business.
I have enclosed my resume and will contact you next week to see if we might find a time to speak together. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
Your Signature (hard copy letter)
Your Typed Name
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Admissions Counselor Resume Example
4179 Allen Rd, Apt 7, Wilmington, DE 01887
Detail-oriented Admissions Counselor with a record of success in recruiting, evaluating, and accepting applicants for a competitive liberal arts college with over 8,500 applicants. Experienced in using strong oral and written communication skills to develop and lead presentations, information sessions, and training seminars.
Admissions Counselor, ABC College, May 20XX - present
- Recognized along with admissions team for increasing retention rates among freshman by 10% in 2008 due to thorough analysis of applicant materials and follow-up with accepted candidates.
- Develop and present seminars about ABC College at over 50 high school and community college events.
- Conduct dozens of informational sessions with parents, students, and counselors on the admissions process.
- Plan and implement training programs for internal and external staff members related to Admissions initiatives.
Registrar Assistant, ABC College, August 20XX – May 20XX
- Maintain student academic records for over 4,000 students.
- Manage all OCICU registration and correspondence.
- Resolve student and faculty issues regarding records and registration.
- Recruit, hire, and train 10 college interns annually.
Bachelor of Arts, Spanish, ABC College, 20XX
Magna Cum Laude
- Experience with SIS and Campus Vue, and proficient in Microsoft Office, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in Spanish
Sending an Email Cover Letter
If you're sending your cover letter via email, list your name and the job title in the subject line of the email message:
Subject: Admissions Counselor Position - Your Name
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information.
Start your email message with the salutation. Here's an example of a formatted email cover letter.
More Sample Cover Letters
Cover letter samples and templates for a variety of career fields and employment levels, including entry-level, targeted and email cover letters for many different jobs.
Please Note: This sample is provided for guidance only. The provided information, including samples and examples, is not guaranteed for accuracy or legality. Letters and other correspondence should be edited to fit your personal situation.