If you're a student of the English 101 class or any similar course, you have most probably faced tons of writing assignments. They drive most students mad. School students feel less pressure than college and university peers. Higher academic levels require higher knowledge and broader set of skills. That is why students from colleges receive more complicated assignments. The topics become more complex.
Usually, the teachers or professors assign the topics on their own. However, sometimes students have a right to pick their own questions for discussion.
An argumentative essay is that type of academic papers which requires three set if skills from each student:
- Research skills
- Reading and writing
When you experience difficulties with at least one of the listed skills, it is better to hire professional assistance from one of that numerous, trusted websites. In any case, try to compose an essay on your own without any help. You may use various examples available on the internet for free.
Remember: argumentative tasks are assigned to maintain debating abilities. This sort of task impacts how well a student will give speeches in public or simply defend his point of view in the future.
How to Choose Negotiable Argumentative Topics Wisely
Many students feel relaxed when their tutors come up with the topic ideas. Still, it is better to have a freedom of choice as far as you can pick the issue which interests you. It is possible to choose an interesting topic from any field of science. While working on the argumentative paper, a student must gather all relevant and time-tested sources to show his awareness of the particular problem. Students should use some of the following credible resources:
- Their class textbooks
- Various published editions
- Academic journals
- Laws and regulations
You may be an expert in the selected area, but always remember to add quotes from the external sources. This way, students prove that they can gather and choose sources with the most quality information on the given topic. Moreover, in-text citations will show your awareness of the different papers formats. Formatting is one of the steps on the way to your desired grade. Whenever you have any doubts concerning the topic to write your argumentative essay on, contact online specialists who are selling cheap custom argumentative essays on any topics in the world. They know how to make your essay stand out from the rest of the papers.
Grab Your Stunning Essay
Top Recommended Argumentative Essay Topics
Simple Argumentative Essay Topics
- The complexity of the US educational system
- The problem of obesity among American population
- Free access to the internet is one of the biggest threats to education
- Men should have a right to make decisions on their own whether to join the war or not
- College curriculum should be changed with respect to students’ preferences
- The advantages of higher education
- Which languages are the most widespread and demanded nowadays?
- Is Spanish really the simplest language to study?
- MBA: pros and cons of studying business
- Can we say about an educational system that it is too commercialized?
- Why are Michigan, SAT, and ACT results important?
Sports Related Subjects
- Are steroids helping or destroying our body?
- PE lessons in the educational system.
- NCAA: advantages and disadvantages
- What is the highest achievement in sport?
- Is Mike Tyson still a superstar?
Argumentative Paper Topics for Young Students
- Is there a strong correlation between regular training, meals, and overall health condition?
- Are diets as effective as they are told?
- The negative consequences of the anorexia fashion.
- Why should people dedicate more time to sleep?
- Is it still cool to play golf?
- Is swimming the only sport that keeps fit all human body muscles?
- Skiing and other risky sports.
- Children should not watch horror films.
College Argumentative Essay Topics
- It is illegal to produce and sell tobacco
- 25 years of prison instead of the death sentence
- Passive smokers suffer more than active
- Can alcohol completely destroy human brain?
- The government should forbid alcohol sales after 10 P.M.
- Are non-alcoholic energetic drinks dangerous?
- Does TV have a right to document every court proceeding?
- When can people start voting?
- The most appropriate age to start smoking or using alcohol.
- Is there justice for social minorities?
- Was the Industrial Revolution spread all over Europe?
Classical Argumentative Ideas
- The government must forbid the usage of species of animals in research
- Government must punish each citizen who does harm to the environment
- Are electric vehicles the best solution the problem of pollution?
- Globalization: for and against
- Why do people say that Wilson actually lost the war?
- The strong aspects of Roosevelt reign
- Was King-Kong right killing humans who came to investigate his land?
- Are the US really under the threat of disappearing from the map?
- The consequences of tornado
- Tsunami and its sacrifices
- How can people protect the nature of Amazonia?
- Are there any true Indians left on the territory of America?
Controversial Argumentative Topics
- How to overcome the risk of the Third World War?
- Is there a chance that financial crisis will stop?
- More schools should become public and free
- Top colleges and universities should raise their acceptance rates
- Everyone has a right to free education
- The right way to implement gun control and other preventing measures
- Same-sex marriages and their impact on the society
- High level of corruption is one of the causes of low wages
- Is there a way to be above the law?
- Communism is not that bad
- Is CIS the best replacement of the USSR?
Technological Argumentative Essay Topics
- Computer games like shooters caused mass murders at the US schools
- Are many modern people lonely due to the existing technology?
- Filthy language on the web
- The age of technologies turns us into zombies
- The usage of smartphones leads to less live communication
- Technology and its influence on educational system
- When will the rapid technological advancement stop?
Argumentative Essay Related to Social Media
- Is technology restricting human imagination?
- Threats of having accounts in social networks like Facebook
- The modern world depends on the Internet heavily
- Can virtual relationships exist?
- Is online censorship critical for the Internet users?
Fifth & Sixth Grade Argumentative Essay
- Healthcare: any treatment must be free
- People are all kind by their nature
- The working hours must be reduced to let people dedicate more time to their families
- The wages should go up in the United States
- Governments must invest more in the social movements
- Parents cannot interrupt too much in the lives of their kids
- Spy applications do really work
- Cloning is not legal
- Every woman has a right to decide on her own regarding abortion
- Is it OK for a woman to date a much younger man?
- Cross-cultural marriages positively impact the racial tolerance
- Global warming (Just download the sample you need for free!)
- Are abortions legal?
- Is online dating safe enough?
Humorous & Joking Argument Topics
- Would Superman find his place in a real world?
- Why do Ninja Turtles love pizza?
- Who should portray April in TNMT movie?
- 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D: When Will It Ever Stop?
- Can the chip fully control our brains and actions?
- The jokes of Peter Griffin make Family Guy the best TV show ever
- Why are humans in Simpsons yellow?
- Marijuana does no real harm to human health
- How to make parents softer with their children?
Music + Art + Cinematography Argumentative Essay Topics
- Can you earn enough money on art?
- Music and films are better than painting
- Which type of art is the most popular in Europe?
- Can you earn sufficient amount of money being an artist?
- Are today's lyrics making any sense?
- Heavy metal makes more sense than hip-hop
- Modern movies are worse than they used to be in the middle of 20th century
- Kurt Cobain did not kill himself
Download More Argumentative Paper Examples Online
Helpful Tips & Common Features of the Good Topic Ideas
If you want every reader to enjoy your writing and make it to the end, here is what you should do:
- Select an idea that everybody is talking about today. Consider rumors, facts, interesting stories, etc.
- Pick a problem which makes the majority of people have doubts.
- Try to select the audience which denies your point of view.
- Choose the topic on which everybody has a unique thought.
- Come up with a topic which relates to your own
We Have Collected the Most Useful Hints and Prompts Based on the Successful Argumentative Essays:
- Avoid choosing obvious argumentative essay topics!
- Never pick an issue that does not have any arguments. Ignore topics that are too trivial.
- A persuasive paper has to concentrate on the problem discussed by centuries. It may even lead to the international conflicts, but people will go on discussing it.
- Issues connected with the politics (e.g. US government or elections) are always great.
- Feel free to pick the topic associated with the modern college standards that do annoy most of the students. It may stimulate your peers to argue with your tutors, but that is what argumentative essay is all about!
- Avoid topics that people usually agree on without any hesitations.
- Try not to choose any topics related to the sensitive aspects of our life such as religion, gender, nationality, etc.
- Follow MLA or APA format as there are many examples on the web.
- Always pay attention to what other people say about your chosen theme.
You may notice that the process is almost always the same. The main purpose is to select the most inspiring argumentative essay topics to have an impact you expect. The goal is to satisfy your target audience, no matter whether it's your teacher or classmates. Pretend that you compete to receive the highest award in some contest. Here, A grade is your most wanted prize. Each time you demand quick assistance with your task, contact online expert writing service which can prepare an argumentative essay on the topic you like. They will do it pretty fast.
What about the Structure?
Every academic paper has its own structure. The argumentative essay involves the following stages:
- Broad primary and secondary research
- Collecting sources
- Choosing the most trusted and latest sources
- Preparing a draft
- Writing your paper
- Proofreading & Editing
- Double-checking all mistakes
As for the organization of the final essay, it is recommended to use a 5-paragraph structure. Develop an outline and keep to it. Your unique ideas must flow in this way:
- Introduction. Include some interesting facts, add a quote, joke, or find another way to attract the reader from the very beginning. Then, create a powerful thesis statement.
- First body paragraph. Begin with your argument number one. Don't forget about in-text citations to support your argument. Add evidence to sound persuasive.
- Second body paragraph. Write down your argument number two. Don't forget about in-text citations to support your argument. Add evidence to sound persuasive.
- Third body paragraph. Write down your argument number three. Don't forget about in-text citations to support your argument. Add evidence to sound persuasive.
- Conclusion. It is the last paragraph of your entire essay. Restate your thesis which is the last sentence of your introduction. Prepare a brief review of the main points. Add Call-to-Action in the last sentence.
- Bibliography. List all of the applied sources.
Is't it easy to choose, prepare a draft, write, and proofread? Save your best argumentative essays to use them in your future career.
When you have no wish to work on your argumentative paper or any other academic assignments, keep in mind that there are professional online writers capable of completing the task of any difficulty level. They are 24/7 available to help the students of the English-speaking world with their academic troubles. Raise your performance and productivity by ordering an exclusive argumentative paper from the top US and UK writers!
Seeking professional writing guidance? – This is just the right place!
Get a price quote & proceed with the order!
As you may already know, an argumentative essay is a writing genre where the student establishes a position on a given or chosen topic and then uses evidence to persuade the audience to see things from his/her point of view. To write a great argumentative essay the students first have to investigate several sides of the argument, which allows them to make an educated stance. Then, they have to collect evidence, including facts, statistics, and claims from experts in the topic’s field.
Generally, the primary objective of writing an argumentative essay is to learn how to convince people to change their mind about things which many of them are pretty firm about.
What Makes a Good Argumentative Essay Topic?
When you are asked to choose a good topic for your argument, start with something you are familiar with. Even if you hire a professional writer to help you with this assignment, speaking about something you know will be a much better sounding presentation of your arguments. Choosing an emotional topic is also a good idea. Appealing to the readers’ emotions connects them to the side of the writer and draws them in. One of the best ways to change anyone’s mind is with an emotional investment.
Pick Your Own Topic or Get Your Essay Done For You
We offer a great list of topics for writing your own argumentative essay. Did you also know you can get your essay written for a small fee? We employ hundreds of professional writers, who specialize in essay, dissertation and research writing. They have written literally hundreds of academic papers for students worldwide. We know how to write a perfect custom-written argumentative essay that will meet your requirements and will get you the grade you want. Contact us now to get professional essay writing help!
If you would like to write the paper on your own, below is the actual list of argumentative essay topics along with sample essays on most discussed ones:
Middle/High School-Level Argumentative Essay Topics
College-Level Argumentative Essay Topics
Try to Avoid These Argument Topics
Funny Argumentative Essay Topics
Classic Argumentative Essay Topics
Argument on Bioethics
Argument on Issues in the IT Sphere
Argumentative Topics for Legal Discussions
Argumentative Topics of Social Concerns
Society and the Media
Now, once you have chosen a good topic from the list, try to lay down your thoughts on your screen. Here are some tips on how to do it right:
Tips on Writing a GREAT Argumentative Essay
Here is how your argumentative essay should be structured:
Adhering to the above structure of an argumentative essay will hold your creative process together:
- The first paragraph offers a brief review of the topic, explains its importance, and shares the essay’s clear and concise thesis statement.
- After the introduction come the body paragraphs, in which the writer develops his/her arguments and supports them with valid and reliable evidence.
- The support should be anecdotal, logical, statistical, or factual depending on the essay’s topic.
- Following the argument paragraphs, the writer shares the opposing views.
- Ending the paragraph is the conclusion. This paragraph is quite important since it leaves the reader with the most immediate impression. The writer should synthesize the information shared in the body of the essay as they restate the topic’s importance, review main points, as well as review the thesis. No new information should be shared in the conclusion.
Here is another cool tip to make your arguments sound stronger: use connection words!
How Do I Use Connection Words While Writing an Argumentative Essay?
Transition or connection words and phrases hold your essay together. They provide flow as they connect thoughts and ideas.
|Addition||additionally; also; and; as a matter of fact; as well as; equally; equally important; furthermore; identically; in addition; in the first place; like; likewise; not only…but also; not to mention; similarly; together with; too|
|Contrast||above all; after all; albeit; although; although this may be true; as much as; be that it may; besides; but; conversely; despite; different from; even so/though; however; in contrast; in reality; in spite of; nevertheless; nonetheless; notwithstanding; of course…, but; on the contrary; on the other hand; or; otherwise; rather; regardless; whereas;|
|Cause or Purpose||as; as/so long as; because of; due to; for fear that; for the purpose of; given that; granted (that); if…then; in case; in view of; in order to; in the event that; in the hope that; lest; only/even if; owing to; provided that; seeing/being that; since; so as to; so that; unless; when; whenever; while; with this in mind|
|Examples or Support||another key point; as an illustration; by all means; chiefly; especially; for example; for instance; for this reason; in fact; in other words; notably; specifically; surprisingly; to point out; truly|
|Consequence or Result||accordingly; as a result; because the; consequently; due to; for; for this reason; hence; in effect; in that case; since; so that; therefore; with the result that|
|Conclusion / Summary / Restatement|
after all; all things considered; as a result; as can be seen; as shown above; consequently; for the most part; generally speaking; given these points; in conclusion; in fact; to summarize;
How Is Knowing All This Going to Help Me?
Writing a good argumentative essay develops your argumentative thinking. You will need it to not only survive among your peers today but also succeed among the humans around you in the future. Most of the businesses and partnerships prosper through argument. Getting the right arguments will help you prove your point and win.
The modern world is ruled by the intellect. Those win who keep themselves focused on becoming stronger at what they are set to choose as the profession. It means no distraction on things of little importance.
That's right, in order to succeed, you need to stay focused on what you really feel and are willing to devote your life to. And it should really take up most of your time. Seriously. The more research you can do to get better at your future profession, the better.
We have been writing papers for students since 2005. You are welcome to use our essay writing service as one of the instruments of your career success strategy.
Here is a fun fact: Most of the geniuses out there are drop-outs. They were too focused on what really mattered to them and couldn't get their homework done on time. No matter if you run a successful business, get a busy job in a big corporation, need to visit your family or have an emergency - failing your module is a horrible possibility. That is why our writers are here to help you 24/7. If Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gates knew about our service, we bet they could have gotten their degree on time by having the research handy.