Language Arts Worksheets
Our topics are well spread out and really challenege learners that are new or even advanced in topics.
- Adjectives- Have a go at the descriptive words.
- Alphabet Worksheets- Student recognize, color, and write letters that are new to them.
- Alphabetic Order - Put letters, single words, and two words in alphabetic order.
- Analogies - Headaches are to analogies; as smiles are to water parks.
- Antonyms - This is a category we just started focusing on because of the new standards.
- Author's Purpose - Students determine the author's intent for their work.
- Capitalization - Students must capitalize letters in short and long passages.
- Cause and Effect - This is a brand new section for us.
- Clauses - Break apart sentences to learn to write stronger sentences.
- Cloze - Have students cloze the gaps in the reading passages.
- Complete Language Units - Over 320 grade (1-8) specific language worksheets.
- Compound Words - When two words form one word the funny really begins.
- Conjunctions - We use these to join words together and make sentences flow well.
- Context Clues - Find the meaning of words by looking at words that are near it.
- Contractions - Time to break out your (not you're) apostrophes. Get it?
- Dolch Sight Words - All the words plus remediation for each word on the list.
- Editing and Proofreading - We have you pick apart work and find all the errors that you can.
- Fact and Opinion - Determine if statements or thoughts are based on proof or just feelings.
- Figurative Language - We look at hyperboles, idioms, metaphors, personification, and similes.
- Grammar - An large assortment of grammar related worksheets.
- Great Authors- Worksheet that look at the most influential authors of all-time.
- Handwriting Practice - Practice your penmanship skills.
- Homophones - Has a student ever told you that they "sea" how you got the answer? We'll get that corrected for you.
- Inferences - Use facts to help form an informed opinion.
- Letters and Sounds- We look at letters and how individual letters and combinations of letters make sounds.
- Literature Tie-Ins - Worksheets that related to specific works.
- Main Idea - Find the main idea of various sized reading passages. They range from three sentences to full pages.
- Paragraph Review - We get into organization of written works and topic sentences.
- Parts Of Speech - Adjectives, Adverbs, Mad Libs, Nouns, and Verb Worksheets.
- Phonics - Practice sheets for sounds and vowels.
- Picture Sentences- Match pictures to sentences.
- Plural and Singular Words - We work on the spelling and usage of words to describe groups and individuals.
- Poetry - We work on 17 different forms of poetry. Work through the creation of each poem style step-by-step.
- Prefixes, Suffixes, and Root Words- Exercises for understanding prefixes.
- Prepositions - A nice series of helpful exercises for you.
- Punctuation - We really hit commas hard. You would think we have something against them.
- Reading Comprehension - Short story, normal length, and elementary level passages and questions.
- Rhymes - We work with words that have similar sounds.
- Sentence Writing - Students create sentences using both singular and plural forms.
- Sequences - Students sequence events.
- Similes - This section includes metaphors.
- Spelling - Elementary and high school level spelling practice.
- Story Writing - Students create their own story.
- Subjects and Predicates - We work on identifying these parts of sentences.
- Synonyms - Elementary level synonym worksheets.
- Vocabulary - Basic vocabulary practice.
- Writing Prompts (Grade Leveled) - We feature prompts for all levels. They make writing fun and engaging.
- Writing Worksheets - Writing exercises.
- Word Walls - Grade leveled vocabulary words we have complete word units.
Free reading comprehension worksheets for grades 1-5
Use these free, printable worksheets to practice and improve reading comprehension, vocabulary and writing. Each reading passage is followed by exercises which for younger students focus on recalling information directly from the text and for older students focus on prediction, inference and character traits.
Choose your grade:
First Grade Reading Comprehension Worksheets
Second Grade Reading Comprehension Worksheets
Third Grade Reading Comprehension Worksheets
Fourth Grade Reading Comprehension Worksheets
Fifth Grade Reading Comprehension Worksheets
Our worksheets complement our K5 Reading and K5 Spelling programs. Check out our 14-day free trial.
Preschool, kindergarten, math & language arts worksheets
Our free, printable Preschool and Kindergarten Worksheets help younger kids learn their letters, numbers, shapes, colors and other basic skills. For grades 1-6, we also have an extension selection of free math worksheets, grammar worksheets, vocabulary worksheets and cursive writing worksheets.